Not ready to schedule? Contact a Shoot Smart Coach for more information.
Andrew Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org
Universal Firearm Safety Rules
1. Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction.
2. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. Always keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
4. Know your target and what is beyond.
5. Make sure the firearm is safe to operate.
6. Know how to use the firearm safely.
7. Use only the correct ammo for your firearm.
8. Wear ear and eye protection as appropriate.
9. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
Shoot Smart Range Rules:
1. Unload firearms before entering the facility. If the firearm is not in a case or holstered, the action
must be locked open.
2. No more than two shooters are allowed on a lane.
3. Load firearms in the shooting booth ONLY. Do not load firearms in the ready area.
4. Open one door at a time when entering or leaving the range.
5. Do not take any loaded or jammed firearms out of the shooting booth. Put the firearm down on
the table in the shooting booth with the muzzle pointed to the backstop, and notify a range
safety officer to assist you.
6. Allow at least two seconds between shots (except in a private suite).
7. Do not exchange firearms with anyone in another lane. Switch shooters, not firearms.
8. Do not draw from a holster (except in a private suite).
9. No steel jacket or steel core ammunition.
10. No food, drinks, or smoking on the range.
11. Use only factory new ammunition in rental firearms.
12. Do not throw any ammunition or empty shells into the trash containers.
13. Only cartridges from the approved cartridge list are allowed. No black powder. We permit full-metal jacket (copper or brass), soft points, hollow points, #4 buckshot or larger (#3, #2, #1, #0, #00, #000) and slugs in all calibers (including .410 gauge). No steel-jacketed projectiles, no tracers, no painted tips.
14. Cease fire: on this command, stop firing, unload, open the action, lay the firearm down, and
step back from the firing line.
15. No one under age 18 without direct supervision of a parent or responsible adult in the same lane.
Range safety officers will bar anyone handling a firearm in an unsafe manner or anyone believed to
be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.